King's Manor buildings are listed in their own document, as are buildings on the main campus.
Micklegate House stands at 88-90 Micklegate, near the centre of the city. It was the original home of the Music Department, before they moved onto campus and their own buildings.
The house was built by the noted architect John Carr (a York lad himself) in 1753. It was commissioned for the Bourchier family of Beningbrough.
The University felt it no longer had a need for the building when (Archaeology?) moved out in the early 90's, and put the building up for sale, but no buyer was found and it remains in University hands.
The church of St John the Evangelist, in Mickelgate, was built c.1194 and much altered in later years. It closed in 1934, but was restored in 1956 by the York Civic Trust for the Institiute of Advanced Architectural Studies (a forerunner of the University.) It has since been further converted into York Arts Centre.
St Anthony's Hall stands in Peasholme Green, and is occupied by the Borthwick Institute for Historical Research - part of the University.
The Hall was built in c.1453 for the social and religious guild of St Anthony. It was extended many times, notably during the late 15th century, and during 1655-6 when the timber upper storey was replaced. In the 17th century it became a house of correction, and in the 18th century a school. The Institute moved in during the 1950's.
The King's Manor Campus buildings